infected tagged me with this meme, so heeeeere we go.
Each player of this game starts off with ten weird things or habits or little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!
1. I am a Shellback, a member of the Order of Magellan, and a Potentate of the Rose.
2. I was born with a tiny extra bone in my feet (a trait in 1/3 northern Europeans), a septate hymen (corrected with surgery), and have Extremely Opposable Thumbs. I cannot roll my tongue.
3. I have been to the capital of B.C., China, Germany, Italy, Ireland, England, Vietnam, Kenya, South Africa, and the capitals of 8 states, but not Washington D.C.
4. I hate onions. I love Tabasco sauce. I hate alcohol.
5. I like raisins, but I hate raisins IN things.
6. I marched in the labor rallies against the WTO in 1999 (was not in the riots), and was occasionally babysat by social activist and communist Terry Pettus until he died when I was 2.
7. I've seen Vietnamese soldiers marching on the streets of Saigon, portraits and lockets with the image of Mao Tse-dong in China, and signs advertising herbal cures for AIDS in Kenya.
8. I have a totem animal.
9. I've been paid to sell kites, climb trees (>50 feet up), stack hay, sequence DNA, roll burritos, hike out of wildfires, and get naked.
10. I enjoy singing terrible songs, up to and including "Mr. Roboto" (Styx), "A Horse With No Name" (Satan, I think), "Timothy" (the Buoys) and "My Humps" (Black-Eyed Peas). I like singing good songs too, but the reactions I get are not nearly so fun.